The technology department now has 3 document cameras for loan at each building. A document camera can be used to scan, photograph, use live video, or zoom in for more detail. The possibilities are only limited by your creativity. Here are some examples of how this device can help you.
- Bypass making copies and display your work through the document camera onto your interactive whiteboard
2. Instead of having students huddle around a demonstration, show it underneath the document camera and it will display for a large audience on your interactive whiteboard.
3. Zoom in for fine details on an item, such as a coin or a mineral.
4. Host a Google Hangout or Skype call with a guest speaker/expert in the field.
5. Have students create a digital portfolio of work completed using the document camera as a photography station.